Tuesday, May 10, 2016

5 Ways to Study the Bible

You know it's been tugging at your heart but finding time has been literally impossible or so it seems. It's time to start even if it is small steps, study little by little but get into God's word.



I want to share with you just a few things that you can do to study the Bible, it will make a difference.

1. Use a bible app that will read for you. We use Youversion. (it also has a bible story app for kids)
It will read to you and you can highlight the verses that catch your attention so that you can come back to it and really study that verse. Every night we read about 3 chapters together so it is fun for the kids to hear someone other than me reading.

2. Those verses that you highlighted or the verses that you have been having on your heart, write them, memorize them. They will be your comfort through the hard times. Writing something is almost always a win for me to remember it, like when I get to the store and remember my list I wrote still on the refrigerator :)! In school they made us write things we wanted to remember for the test so I brought that into my adult life.

3. Prayer! Praying before you start reading, ask God to show you what you are reading. Ask God to help you to be able to really get what He wants you to get from these scriptures. I don't just want it to be said I read the bible, but I want to know it so that I can use it as my sword and shield in this world.

4. B.R.E.A.D Chart and or any daily reading chart. Our church is using the B.R.E.A.D. chart this year and we are loving it. They have an adult chart and children's. We do both so that way the kids are getting something and so are we. Right now we are reading about David and King Saul (always an excited story).

5. Get a friend or family member involved. Studying together is always good because you may see something I didn't and the same for me. It gives you an accountability partner.


I hope these tips help out. They should only be a starting point. Pray and ask God how you can further learn His word and apply it to your daily walk. I hope you are all having a great day!

How do you study the Bible? What tips can you give others reading today?

Be Blessed,


Regina Cozad

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, sorry I'm just getting back to you. Here is a link to the B.R.E.A.D. bible we are using https://pentecostalpublishing.com/p-7326-2016-bread-bible-each.aspx Thanks for coming by & feel free to ask any questions you may have. God bless.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you,
Feel free to just share your heart!

Receive inspiration via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Things I am Involved In.

Popular Posts