Men thrive off of the respect they are shown from their wives and those who matter to them.
Today's post is one that has been on my heart and I asked a few men that I know and look up to, to help me out and tell me a few things that help them to feel honored, repected and appreciated in their home and marriage. Below are a few things that they gave me.
- When in public and I tell you something that you may or may not appreciate, please do not make a scene but wait until we get home to discuss it or just let it go.
- Keep our house clean and tidy so that when I'm home you aren't rushing about, but can spend time as a family instead of doing something that could've been done while I was working.
- Unplug from social media and socialize with your family.
- When it comes to pleasing me sexually, please don't say no or I have a headache all the time but instead say yes because that is what let's me know you are still attracted to me and I please you in all aspects of our marriage. (1 Corinthians 7:5 says "Deprive not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your lack of self-control.") Granted we know that sometimes you just don't feel like it but don't make it a habit, reschedule.
- When I call please answer, I know you answer for all your friends and family so why not answer when I call because I am your beloved and if you are busy make time for me.
- Respect me and be submissive, please let me lead as God intended me too, show you trust my decisions although you may not agree with them.
- Do not accuse me of things just because you feel the need to, that is hurtful and makes me feel dishonored and disrespected.
- Keep our home clean and comfortable, warm and welcome, have my clothes ironed, bring my food to me after a long day of work, Do not make me ask for things.
- Please quit fighting with me over stupid things that don't matter, walk away and think on it and pray that God will help us not continue in this hurtful thing.
- Help me to pray and fast for God's will in our marriage and that I will let God lead me.
Sometimes just sitting down and asking our husbands how we can help them to feel more respected, honored, appreciated and cherish can help us to see that we need to make some adjusting. We aren't perfect but we should strive to be, after all we are more precious than rubies (Proverbs 3:15). I do pray that somehow this list will help you and feel free to add to it.
My prayer today is that God will show us how we can help our husbands to feel honored and respected as the leader of our home. What are somethings that you need to work on and how can you help your husband feel more respected?