Friday, March 29, 2013

Help Him Feel Respected

Men thrive off of the respect they are shown from their wives and those who matter to them.



Today's post is one that has been on my heart and I asked a few men that I know and look up to, to help me out and tell me a few things that help them to feel honored, repected and appreciated in their home and marriage. Below are a few things that they gave me.
  • When in public and I tell you something that you may or may not appreciate, please do not make a scene but wait until we get home to discuss it or just let it go.
  • Keep our house clean and tidy so that when I'm home you aren't rushing about, but can spend time as a family instead of doing something that could've been done while I was working.
  • Unplug from social media and socialize with your family.
  • When it comes to pleasing me sexually, please don't say no or I have a headache all the time but instead say yes because that is what let's me know you are still attracted to me and I please you in all aspects of our marriage. (1 Corinthians 7:5 says "Deprive not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your lack of self-control.") Granted we know that sometimes you just don't feel like it but don't make it a habit, reschedule.
  • When I call please answer, I know you answer for all your friends and family so why not answer when I call because I am your beloved and if you are busy make time for me.
  • Respect me and be submissive, please let me lead as God intended me too, show you trust my decisions although you may not agree with them.
  • Do not accuse me of things just because you feel the need to, that is hurtful and makes me feel dishonored and disrespected.
  • Keep our home clean and comfortable, warm and welcome, have my clothes ironed, bring my food to me after  a long day of work, Do not make me ask for things.
  • Please quit fighting with me over stupid things that don't matter, walk away and think on it and pray that God will help us not continue in this hurtful thing.
  • Help me to pray and fast for God's will in our marriage and that I will let God lead me.

Sometimes just sitting down and asking our husbands how we can help them to feel more respected, honored, appreciated and cherish can help us to see that we need to make some adjusting. We aren't perfect but we should strive to be, after all we are more precious than rubies (Proverbs 3:15). I do pray that somehow this list will help you and feel free to add to it.

My prayer today is that God will show us how we can help our husbands to feel honored and respected as the leader of our home. What are somethings that you need to work on and how can you help your husband feel more respected?

Be Blessed,

Regina Cozad

7 comments:

  1. Hi! I stumbled across this blog while browsing a friend's FB page which linked me to yours. I don't want to offend anyone, but this list above seems like it was written in 1950. While I don't disagree with everything mentioned above, this seems very chauvinistic in general. Why should the wife be responsible for cleaning the home? Don't at least 2 people reside there? I believe that 2 people should clean. Have his dinner ready and his clothes ironed so that he doesn't have to ask? Do all of the wives on this site have husbands without hands? The keeping the house tidy while the husband is at work is the one that really struck me. How many wives sit at home all day and don't have a job? There aren't that many, so I repeat my point, work together as a team, the work gets done twice as fast, and then you can all spend time together as a family, not just mom cleaning up after everyone. I would never think of saying some of these things to my life partner, who is supposed to be my best friend. We are equals and respect each other. Women aren't slaves. And, they can vote now too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. My husband does help me without me asking but i personally rather do it myself so he can relax after a long day at work. I understand they can help and im aware not all wives stay home because I once worked too but I am a christian wife and the bible clearly state our place is at home and this list was created off of answers I got when asking men I highly respect for their advice. In the 21st century there are still women that joyfully do everything so their husband who works hard daily doesn't have to come home And work more. I do respect those single moms who have to do it...I was raised by one and have great respect for them. But again this blog is about being a joyful Christian wife and not here to offend those who feel differently. God bless u.

      Delete
  2. I dont believe its a 1950s thing bc i do everything for my husband including having his clothes ready when he gets out the shower. We have a 3yr old I worked and kept up the house it was stressful but it is a mothers duty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Justin you are the male chauvinist for wrong that reply. I have choosen yo be a stay at home mom and wife. I enjoy waiting on my husband and doing for my family. I work hard and enjoy it. As a godly wife I go to the bible and wear dresses don't cut my hair and walk with my husband as one. I am a fan of the fifties wives because they showed a true wife how to take care of her family and still be appreciated and respected. Just because we stay at home Sony mean we are slaves to the husband but a wife to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by. I appreciate the positive feedback and that there is some people who are still supporting the traditional way of marriage. I hope you keep coming back. Nice to hear from you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you,
Feel free to just share your heart!

Receive inspiration via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Things I am Involved In.

Popular Posts