Thursday, March 26, 2015

Listening to God’s Urgency

I have a story that is so amazing and too profound not to share with all my readers! I am giving God all the glory for what He done this Monday, March 23, 2015. I could have been burying my husband this week if I had not cancelled everything and just listened to the Urgency God placed on my heart! I could break on in praise just thinking about it!



As most of my readers already know, my husband’s job has him traveling around and sometimes we go with him and other times we stay home and just go whenever we can to visit. Well this particular job we stayed home because my mother had a heart attack a little over a month ago (a miracle in itself!) and I have been home helping her till she fully gains her strength back.

This week I had 3 different engagements that prevented me from coming to see my husband and on Monday morning I had a strong urgency to cancel all three and come to see him that day. I had spoken to him that morning when he got off work and unlike other times we talked a good little while on the phone about missing each other and that I really needed to come see him. Usually at 4:30 am I am not very talkative and I hang up within 15-20 minutes, It took me a while to fall asleep after and when I woke up later I felt God telling me to cancel my appointments and pack up and get on the road.

I called and cancelled and began packing, then it started, one thing after another preventing me from leaving when planned, but I still kept packing and finally got on the road later that evening. I had spoken to husband before He left for work at 3 pm and overheard him saying to someone something about a sewer smell in our camper but I didn't think anything of it. When I arrived at our camper however I quickly smelled propane outside, when I opened the door I realized it was coming from inside our camper, somehow my husband had bumped the burner turning it on sometime before going to bed at 6 am and not realizing it. Thank God our dog was fine that travels with him and that my husband was fine, most the time people die from being in the fumes (silent killer). I opened all windows except the emergency window, took our dog whose name is Lucky (coincidence? Nope He really is lucky), and went to Walmart to pass time.

When I returned to the camper my key would not turn the lock to get back in. I freaked because I had my 2 kids and our dog with me and I had no way to get in, luckily my husband had just got on lunch and when I explained the situation his job allowed him to leave and come meet us. Thankfully I had the windows open and my son who is 6 years old could fit through the one that had no screen, He couldn't open the door so we had him open the emergency window and my husband climbed in and discovered the dead bolt was broken. He took it off and we had it fixed the next day.

All that was said to say this, God knew what He was doing when He put that urgency in me to come see my husband for a week, if I hadn't listened, my husband would have come in from work, locked the door and went to sleep in the fumes that would have been even stronger by then (still assuming it was a sewer smell) and when he locked the door it would have locked them in here with no way for anyone to get in when He and our dog became unresponsive. They would have died and no one could have did anything because no one would've known anything was wrong. When I didn't hear from him, I would've came and the only way in would've been to bust a window because the dead bolt broke on that next locking of the door.

Please always listen to God when He is telling you to do something! You could be saving a life! Who knows what God wants to use you to do? Please always be willing and available for God to use you as a vessel for His work! God Bless you and I apologize for the lengthy text but I felt that I needed to share this miracle with you all!

What can you share that God has used you to do because YOU listened to HIS call?

Be Blessed,


Regina Cozad

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing story! Thank God your husband and the dog were safe. :) I have a similar (well...not too similar...lol) story. When I was pregnant with my son, I was very in tune with his kicks and movements, because I had a miscarriage a few months before I became pregnant with him. Well, one day there was hardly any movement at all--maybe 2 kicks, if that. Everyone kept telling me, "Oh, it just gets so tight in there that they don't move around as much." Even my husband said, "You have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. Don't you think you should wait until then?"

    But I insisted that I needed to go to the hospital that day. As it turns out, there was something wrong. When he was born (via emergency c-section), the cord was wrapped around his neck so many times that the doctor had trouble getting him out. He was in the hospital for five days and had breathing problems at first, but recovered and is a strong and healthy kid.

    I'm convinced we would have lost him if not for the grace of God and me feeling that urge to go to the hospital despite everyone's advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow what an amazing story. Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad to hear that you listened to God's tug on your heart and because of that you have your precious son. I got pregnant with my little girl a month after my miscarriage and didn't know until I was 8 weeks. Thanks for coming by and feel free to come by anytime. May God's blessing be on you & your family.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you,
Feel free to just share your heart!

Receive inspiration via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Things I am Involved In.

Popular Posts