Thursday, March 19, 2015

You are not defined by who you use to be!

Are you tired of constantly being let down by those around you that won't let your past go? Are you tired of trying to live up to a standard from some people that doesn't matter? Today you can breathe and let go! You aren't defined by your past, if you have truly asked God to forgive you and have given it to him, It's under the blood and it's gone!


Tonight I can't sleep from thinking about somethings I've been allowing to get me down the last few days. There was an incident that happened a few days ago that has reminded me that there are some people who still think of me as the sinner I once was before I came to God. They still call me names that are unkind, believe things about me that are untrue and hurt me by reminding me that my past happened. It's hurtful and shameful and I don't want to relive it!

I don't want to stay there though and I won't! I will not allow people's negative opinions of me to continue to control how I feel about myself. I prayed and gave all my ugly sins and past to God 6 years ago and I know without a shadow of a doubt that it's under the blood of Jesus!! I was praying concerning this matter Sunday morning at church and God kept telling me in that still small voice that He loves me and I'm not defined by who I once was! Then it was confirmed again by someone I trust with all I have on Tuesday!

So I am writing this tonight to encourage those who may be in the same place as I am and I want to tell you to keep your head up and keep praying! If you have given the Ugly to Jesus then do not allow those who still hold the past against you to control you! Forgive them for holding it in their hearts, Pray for them to get freedom as you have, and Let Go! God has changed us in His grace and mercy and We need to Accept that!

I know this isn't easy, I have cried my heart out but I did so to the God in Heaven who hears and sees all things and He will help us through! We just have to Trust Him!


Be Blessed,


Regina Cozad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you,
Feel free to just share your heart!

Receive inspiration via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Things I am Involved In.

Popular Posts